When you buy through our links, we may earn money from our affiliate partners. Learn more.
- It’s important to be comfortable while working out and that starts with making sure you’re wearing the correct clothing.
- Whether it’s a pair of shorts designed for runners or a specific fabric that reduces odor, there’s a variety of workout clothing fit for anyone’s lifestyle or fitness preference.
- We’ve rounded up a collection of the best workout clothes for men, with gear from brands like Vuori, Rhone, and Olivers.
Women aren’t the only ones who need workout clothes that are comfortable, functional, and look good at both the gym and on the go. After all, how’s a guy supposed to impress a date at spin class or out on the town without a nice pair of shorts and a well-fitted tee? If part of your strategy in selecting workout gear is as much fashion as it is function, there are plenty of options designed to help you look good while you break a sweat.
Some of our favorite men’s workout gear is capable of taking guys on a wide range of activities. Your exercise regimen isn’t one-dimensional, so why should your clothes be any different?
The right gear for the right activity
We’ve come a long way from our high school gym rooms, and so too have the wardrobe options available to us. The new wave of men’s workout gear wants to help you perform your best by keeping you cool and comfortable. And while your gym clothes certainly ought to be ready for even the most strenuous of activities, they also need to be presentable enough for you to wear outside of your workout environment.
When determining the kind of workout gear you need to accommodate your lifestyle, consider the type of exercise you do most often. Clothing is just another tool to help or hinder you, so be sure you’re buying the right gear for the right activity.
A piece of clothing’s ability to withstand cycles in the washing machine is also a key quality. You’ll likely be sweating through these clothes a lot and (hopefully) putting them in the laundry quite often. If you’re buying flimsily made clothing, you’ll have to replace them much more often.
You’ll also want to consider how multi-purpose you need your gear to be. Are you only going to wear those joggers to the gym, or are they also for lounging around? Is that long sleeve tee just as good for your run as it is for running errands on the weekend?
Today’s active gear ought to double as gear for an active lifestyle, so be sure that whatever you’re buying is capable of as many reps as you are. That said, regardless of what workout gear you choose from the following options, you’ll be in good hands.
Here are the best men’s workout clothes in 2020:
- Best men’s workout clothes overall: Vuori
- Best men’s workout clothes for runners: Wolaco
- Best men’s workout clothes on a budget: MPG
- Best men’s workout clothes for dispelling odors: Rhone
- Best men’s workout clothes for comfort: Olivers
Updated on 02/19/2020 by Rick Stella: Updated prices and formatting.