- Ellen DeGeneres shared an emotional tribute to Kobe Bryant on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” that aired on Monday.
- This was DeGeneres’ birthday show, and she said that “you never know how many birthdays you have. Life is short.”
- DeGeneres encouraged people to celebrate life following the tragic news of Bryant’s death.
- DeGeneres urged viewers “call your friends, hug them, kiss, tell them you love them.”
Bryant was killed in a helicopter crash in Calabasas, California, on Sunday morning. He had been traveling with eight other people in his private helicopter at the time, all of whom died, including his 13-year-old daughter, Gianna “Gigi” Bryant.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.