Alyssa Powell/Business Insider
- Black Friday falls on November 29, 2019.
- The sales holiday often features some of the biggest online deals of the year on tech, home goods, clothing, and more, like $15 off the rarely discounted Apple AirPods and $45 off the Kindle Paperwhite. Participating retailers include both big brands and small startups.
- Bookmark this page to stay updated on all the latest news about Black Friday’s 2019 deals.
- To potentially save more on Black Friday deals this year, visit Business Insider Coupons to find the most up-to-date coupons and promo codes.
Now that Halloween is over, it’s full steam ahead into the holiday season. This month, the big shopping event on everyone’s mind is Black Friday. Below, learn everything you need to know about Black Friday, including where to shop, what to buy, and what deals you can already start taking advantage of.
Best early Black Friday deals of 2019:
These deals are already live.
- Apple AirPods with Charging Case, $144 (originally $159) [You save $15], available at Walmart
- TCL 65″ Roku Smart 4K UHD HDR TV, $400 (originally $750) [You save $250], available at Target through November 10
- Lenovo Smart Display 10″ with Google Assistant, $150 (originally $250) [You save $100], available at Lenovo through November 10
- 23andMe DNA Test – Health + Ancestry, $99 (originally $199) [You save $100], available at Amazon
- Beats By Dr. Dre Beats Studio3 Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones, $200 (originally $350) [You save $150], available at Best Buy
- Shark Ion Robot Vacuum Cleaning System, $269 (originally $449) [You save $180], available at Walmart
What is Black Friday?
Black Friday is an annual sales event that traditionally happens at the end of November and marks the beginning of the holiday shopping season. It’s one of the biggest shopping holidays of the year — sales are so high that the day can push a retailer into “the black,” or solvency.
When is Black Friday?
Black Friday is always the Friday after Thanksgiving. This year, it falls on November 29.
Where can you shop Black Friday sales?
You can find Black Friday sales both in stores and online, in every category you can imagine: tech, home and kitchen, clothing, beauty, pets, appliances, and more.
We’ll be rounding up the best deals from your favorite retailers here:
What should you buy on Black Friday?
Since it falls a few weeks before December holidays, Black Friday provides excellent opportunities to buy — and save on all your holiday gifts— before the last-minute rush.
We recommend focusing on the following categories if you want the best deals:
- Smart home devices
- Gaming consoles
- Video games
- Kitchen appliances
Is Black Friday or Cyber Monday better?
It depends. We learned some rules of thumb in the classic Black Friday versus Cyber Monday debate and learned that it’s better to shop on Black Friday in these situations:
- For expensive products
- For major stores
- For this year’s products
- If you plan to shop in stores
We’ll be searching through all the sales across the internet to find you only the best of the best Black Friday 2019 deals.
Our favorite online retailers on Black Friday will include Amazon, Target, and Best Buy. Retail startups such as Leesa and Brooklinen also offer really competitive deals. For some startups, Black Friday will be the only time of the year when their products are discounted, so we recommend shopping at these smaller brands as well.
You can get an idea about the types of Black Friday sales coverage we’ll be writing by browsing our Black Friday page from last year. This year, expect similar deals roundups to these:
Visit our Black Friday 2019 hub for up-to-date information on deals and store openings this year.
Bookmark this page to stay updated on all the latest news on Black Friday 2019 deals.
Here’s everything else you should know about Black Friday: